February 11, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year!

Did you know that Chinese people around the world have their own New Year's Day?
I learned about that only yesterday.


It's Chinese New Year on Sunday, February 14. Our Chinese friends invited us to have advanced celebration with them in a Chinese restaurant. My family loves Chinese food and we always use chopsticks every time my mom cooks Chinese food at home. I learned how to use chopsticks when I was 2 years old, and I can use them even when eating peanuts!



During Chinese New Year, older people give "hong bao" or red envelopes to children like me or to any of their relatives and friends. See, I have one!!! It usually has money inside but mine has a gift certificate to a bookstore. I'm going to get a new book!!!!

Click the yellow picture to learn more.

Come and See Me At Our Learning Center

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Zoe, for sharing what you learned this week. For sure we will hear firecrackers on Sunday.

    Your pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zoe,
    Stopping by to say Hi. I am friends with your mom. Very sweet blog you have here. I love Strawberry Shortcake.
    Blessings,
    Katia

    ReplyDelete