February 26, 2010

Plants Under The Sea


Do you know that some plants do not grow on the land? Yes, that's right. I learned from my Science lesson that some plants grow only in the water. And there are plants that grow only in the sea. Those plants that grow in the sea are called seaweeds.

There are many kinds of seaweeds. Some can be eaten and some are used as food for plants. Here is a picture of seaweeds that my mom and I found on the internet.



Do you want to learn more? Go to Bee Wise .




image from:www.field-studies-council.org/publications/pu...




3 comments:

  1. Hey! This is great Zoe! I remember there was a particular seaweed I loved to eat with every meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to eat seaweeds because they have high content of calcium. But I didn't know they can be used as soil fertilizer. thanks for sharing this, Zoe. I'm glad to see you sharing what you learned during the week. You indeed are learning a lot from your PACEs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Zoe! THAT is really neat!
    We have seen seaweed in person before, but we've never EATEN it!!
    Great job on your post!
    Mary Helen and Grace

    ReplyDelete